Thursday, June 14, 2012

An interview with...suenosdejmi!




Hello, I’m Rita Skeeter.
‘I write for the daily prophet. But, of course, you know that, don’t you? It’s you we don’t know. You’re the juicy news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? What mysteries do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick? Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my ravid readers. So, who’s feeling up to sharing?’
Ah, suenosdejmi, newly appointed head of Slytherin House of HPKCHC. Smashing.

Your almost halfway through your first term as the newly appointed Slytherin Head of House, how have things been going for you?
Things have been going wonderfully for me! I love love LOVE being Slytherin’s Head of House!!! I loved Quidditch with all my heart, and there will always be a part of me that randomly screams ‘Quaffle!’, but being able to dedicate all of my energy to Enabling Slytherin Awesomeness is simply amazing!

Has there been any significant reshuffling in Slytherin at all, any new methods of madness implemented?
I wouldn’t say there’s been significant reshuffling persay, but definitely some slight shuffling. We added some new elements to Slytherin this term (like our Dungeon Games), but didn’t really do lot of adjusting to what we already had. As for new methods of madness, that would be a no, because how can you improve upon our steadfast DO ALL THE THINGS method of madness? Gotta go with what you know!!!

Slytherin are renowned for their hotties! Do tell my readers, are the rumours about you and a certain Sean Bean (muggleborn actor on hit felevision series ‘Game of Thrones’) true, or is there a new wizard in the hottie booth that is catching your eye? ;)
Sean Bean? Really?
::looks across the room where McGregor and Clooney are standing in the doorway wearing slightly confused expressions::

Ahem. Yes, well, I’m uncertain what these rumours actually are regarding myself and Mr. Bean, so I’m afraid I can’t confirm them at this time.
::leans closer to Rita and whispers::
But I won’t deny them either! But let’s just keep that on the down low, yes?

Thinking back to your first day as a Slytherin, did you ever see yourself where you are now?
You know, I didn’t. I’m a B3 this term, so I’ve been in the Cup for 3 years now. My first term I was just really excited and all over the place. Then the next term I ended up falling into Cup Staff almost by accident (as a replacement staffer for the then Quidditch Assistant), and didn’t look back. I became a Slytherin Prefect the same term, and didn’t imagine that either path of Staffness would end up leading me to where I am now.

You recently handed over the reigns of Quidditch to the very able stuartsmom. My co-writer Ali123 (who is currently a 7th year) says she remembers quidditch being a much smaller affair back when she was a first year. Are you proud of what quidditch has become and the part you played in its growth, any found memories?
Oh Sweet Quaffle, I don’t think there’s enough space on this blog for me to really express what Quidditch meant to me for all those years! I am so very proud to have been lucky enough to get to be a part of it all, and to work with Gazebogal for as long as I did! She taught me everything I know!!!
I would agree with your co-writer that Quidditch has grown, almost exponentially, over the years. Gazebogal made Quidditch absolutely amazing to experience, and I learned so very much by being at her side for as long as I was. Challenge Quidditch was really my thing while GG was still on the squad, and I definitely think that I helped that evolve well! I still wonder if I really lived up to the Gazebogal awesome once it was mine to carry, but I think I did okay. I don’t know that I could have done it without stuartsmom, who is incredible, and I hope that I did well by her in our time together. I have every confidence that she will continue to carry on awesomely!
Each time the Coaching Team transitions into new leadership, Quidditch changes just a bit. I know that I made changes, looking back at the different things I did now. It excites me to imagine the new things that will be coming down the road in stuartsmom’s and Co’s future once they get through the chaos that is Ravelympics! And I better stop now, because I wasn’t kidding, I could talk forever about Quidditch!!!

And speaking Slytherin Quidditch, for our sports pundits out there; you have recently gained fierce competition from Hufflepuff house (who have won the quidditch cup 3 terms in a row now) can you disclose any tactics or game plans you are implementing this term at all?
I think if I disclosed any actual Slytherin tactics, softnshiny (our Quidditch Captain this term), might actually kill me. So, no, I can’t really tell you what we’re up to, but I can tell you that there’s CrazyMad Quidditch Energy in Slytherin as we’re gearing up to make those tea cosies and that we’re definitely excited for the Ravelympics!

As a lot of people might know, Hufflepuff Quidditch has a serious spot in my heart. I love the energy and dedication they have put forth to win the Quidditch Cup for the last 3 terms, and they were one of my greatest joys from my time on the Quidditch Pitch. So being on this side of the competition and going up against them is a little bittersweet, if you will. I love them and I want great things for them. I love Slytherin and I want ALL THE THINGS for us. It’s an interesting dynamic.

If you had to describe Slytherin to a muggle (or NQFY), what would you say?
I would say that Slytherin is the strangest combination of insanity and sincerity that I’ve ever experienced. Underneath the hardcore ALL THE THINGS mentality, mixed in amongst the sarcasm and wit, you find some of the most loving and caring people I’ve ever met. We may go about showing that a bit more, erm,aggressively, than the other Houses would, but it’s there, at the heart of what makes us Slytherin. There are lots of other ways to describe us, but to me, that’s what really matters.

What new skills (crafting or otherwise) have you gained from playing in the House Cup?
I couldn’t knit when I started in the Cup. I didn’t learn directly through the Cup, but the Cup motivated me to learn, and then taught me so very much once I got the hang of it! And dyeing! I never dyed before either! And I’ve caught the spinning bug, but I’m currently trying to take medication to keep it held back as long as possible…
(An example of suenosdejmi's beautiful and improving knitting!)
Quickfire!
Green or Silver? Green!
Knit or Crochet? Crochet! (I love knitting, but gotta go with my roots!)
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, the darker the better!
Quidditch or Olympics? Is this a trick question? Really?
Muggle technology or Wand? Ooh, wand. Could do some wicked awesome things with magic!
HP Books or Films? Books. I love some parts of some of the films, and I loved to see the magic come alive, but I have angst issues at some of way the latter parts of the story was formatted to the big screen.
Final Question: Slytherin rocks because….
We agree to DISAGREE. ;) (and Snape!)

1 comment:

LFSAlden said...

QUAFFLE!!!

You made me proud to be your Coach.