Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy First Day of Term!

Good evening everyone! I hope everyone has had a fantastic first day of term and that we're all getting over our excitement about shinny new classes and common rooms and settling down for some crafting!
I'm spartyliblover, 5th year Gryffindor and I'll be covering Advanced Studies this term on the blog every Thursday. If you'd like and are willing to be followed and answer some questions as you work on your NEWT or OWL this term, let me know! I would love to have at least one person from each house that is doing an advanced studies project and follow their progress through the term. I might even post some of my progress each week to try and help myself get my OWL done (like right now I really need to finish this silly swatch so I can do my proposal and get started on it!)
There have already been tons of great OWL proposals today, but today I thought I'd give a shout out to all the NEWT-lings as they have been hard at work for the last month already!
From Hufflepuff there are 4 brave souls taking on NEWTs: 
Cindiknits doing Charms and Astronomy with a shawl and designing socks and fingerless mitts!
Fluttervale doing Herbology and Transfiguration with two afghans!
JMN doing Muggle Studies and Divination with a pair of wrist warmers and designing Neville's Sweater (swoon, I'm super excited about this and hope she'll be willing to show things off with the Blog this term)!
TheAlexKlein doing Astronomy and Muggle Studies designing socks, a hat, vest, mittens, sweater and slippers! 
From Slytherin there are 7 brave souls:
Bidibid doing Astronomy and Charms designing a star chart beaded stole!
Eurekas doing Ancient Runes and Divination doing three shawls, a hat, pair of socks and spinning!
Kims doing Muggle Studies and Transfiguration making four sweaters!
GirlyWithATwist doing Charms and Divination with a lovely lace table topper!
Needlesnswiffers doing Charms and Astronomy with a very large circular shawl!
Peanutzmom doing Arithmancy and Transfiguration
PEby doing Arithmancy and DADA studying squares making blankets!

From Ravenclaw there are 3 brave souls:
GazeboGal doing Potions and CoMC  making a fox set of hat, mittens, sweater, scarf and socks!
Kountingsheep doing Arithmancy and Potions with a blanket!

Volkat doing Potions and Ancient Runes by spinning, a shawl, three stockings, socks and fingerless gloves!
From Gryffindor there are 8 brave souls:
ChristineA doing Charms and Ancient Runes doing spinning and a shawl!
clmnj58 
doing Muggle Studies and 
Herbology with a cardigan and a pullover!DJMeurer doing HoM and Ancient Runes with spinning, two sweaters and a pair of mittens!
Jajigirl doing Divination and HoM designing two pairs of socks, two hats, a cowl and mitts for her cardio knitting book (I am also very excited about this NEWT and hopes Jaji will let me follow her progress too)!
Jedimeg16 
doing Astronomy and CoMC designing Toothless, and making a shawl, gauntletts, spinning, a scarf and a snow dragon!
Lupingirl 
doing Muggle Studies and Herbology with two sweaters!



Stitchywitchy doing HoM and Muggle Studies doing a sweater, hat, two pairs of mitts and a cowl!
Mauri doing Muggle Studies and CoMC doing three pairs of socks, two pairs of gloves, cowl, slippers, shawl and hat!


I hope I got everyone and got all the projects right! If any of you are willing to let me follow your course of study this term as you all embark on these truly amazing projects, please let me know! They all are inspiring and I can't wait to see how they turn out. 

No comments: