Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: Sock Toe cast ons


Welcome to tutorial Tuesdays!
This week we will venture into the world of SOCKS!

I admit I am a toe-up girl. So today I am planning to cover  some toe cast-ons. Sorry Cuff down peeps. I will cover heels at some point in the term, and I will cover heels for you there!

First I want to show you the short row toe.
Instead of writing an explanation, I thought I would give you a video to show you:


Next toe cast on would be a  figure 8 cast-on.
Here compliments of knitpicks:
And another third toe cast on would be Judy's cast on.
Shown here by Cat Bordhi:

Which is the best? It's hard to decide.  I  still haven't mastered some. Mostly because I haven't done any magic loop. That is on my list for things to learn this year. Some of these  are best when using circulars and I tend to still use my DPNs.

So head off into the world and learn some new toe cast on techniques!

Next time I cover socks, I will do heels for both the cuff down and the toe up varieties!

Until then, happy Socking!

No comments: