Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mission: Conversations with Commanders, part three




Wednesday, 8:00 hours.

Mission Report:
I am continually amazed by our operatives.  Many are finding success, some are coming against obstacles but are pressing forward in an effort to further the Order's cause.

This week I found myself able to speak with commander Mushroom.  My interview went as follows:

Name (RavId): Mushroom
Command: Recruitment Chief
It's often been heard that during the first wizarding war, Dumbledore created a way for Order members to speak to each other via talking patronuses... patroni?  Moving on - what form does your patronus take?
My patronus takes the form of a Mustang.

What's your non-order day job?

I work part time in the Ministry in the Regulation for Magical Transportation Department.  I give apparition tests and fill out loads of paperwork.  The rest of my time is spent working on my family farm.  We have a large forest where we cultivate and harvest a large variety of mushrooms for magical and culinary uses.  The culinary mushrooms are mostly a front for the Muggles though they are bought by witches and wizards as well.


What's your hidden talent?
Generations back my grandmother was a Silkie.  Other than that I'm a plain old witch.

What made you want to take a lead role in the Order?

"Since my family has lived on our large estate for many generations they have been relatively isolated from the politics and ""hubub"" (as they call it) of the wizarding world.  They were neither for nor against you-know-who during the wars.  Out of sight, out of mind as it were.  In many ways they were like the conscientious objectors in the Muggle world.  They were happy to just be farmers.

I on the other hand, wanted to make a difference.  I really enjoy teaching and even taught Herbology for a term at Hogwarts.  I thought I could help out most as part of the Order and when I found out that we were teaming up with students at Hogwarts I jumped at the chance.  "


What was your first mission you undertook for the Order?
My family doesn't have a shop in Diagon Alley but we are suppliers for many of the potions shops.  Many of the shopkeepers have known me since I was a child so I have a deep connection with them.  Even some of the more shady stores are friendly to me and my family.  Though it wasn't official, I think of my first mission as gaining all of those contacts and laying my web of informants.  Unoffically, I've been in recruitment for a very long time.

Anything else you want to add?
Thank you for doing this interview!


I hope this helps you as you strive to complete your mission. I will report again once I have had a chance to speak with our final commander.



AbbyEBee, signing off.




This message will self-destruct in 10... 9... 8... 7...

No comments: