Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A week in the life of a....Gryffindor!




Monday:
So I think I finally got all my things moved over into the Seventh floor from Ravenclaw Tower. Who knew a girl could horde so much wool? The thing I have discovered about the Seventh Floor is that it is an exceedingly busy and vibrant place. Seriously. I blink my eyes and another portrait leading off the common room has appeared. Tomorrow I think I will explore some of these rooms a little further. Right now, I’m going to go check in with my pride (Extendable Ears) and see what everyone has been up to!

Tuesday:
Gryffindor is where the crazies live apparently! Over on the far side of the common room is a huge noticeboard which is covered with the technicalities of the ‘Marauder Missions’. I have never seen anything more complicated! And yet it seems that some people understand it just perfectly! RiverCameron is sat at a nearby desk waving her wand to update all the information. As I tentatively ask where my group-The Trans-Atlantic Broomstick Convoy- can be found, she gives me a smile and waves her hand at the snuggly beanbags by the fireplace...where there is a huge bag of marshmallows, and needles and hooks gallore! Other members of my group give me a long pokey stick with a marshmallow ready to be eaten. I think I’m going to like it here a lot! But now to get crocheting, to help rack up our miles!

Wednesday:
Today I slept in rather late, must have been the marshmallows; and by the time I manage to get down to the common room the days activities are already in full swing. WoolenHorse is over in the corner teaching some of the other Gryffindors all her wool dying secrets and StarKnits is giving an impromptu baking lesson to a couple of my fellow 5th years. What interests me most however, is the portrait passage which leads to the ‘Fingerless glove KAL’ which is being hosted by my good friend FlyKytten. It looks to be great fun and anyone can join in! I shall definitely be visiting here again!

Thursday:
Oh, il semble que j'ai trébuché dans une classe où Gryffondors qui apprennent une autre langue peut pratiquer!
Parece que el hechizo traductor no ha pateado en todo momento. Será mejor que la refundición!
Phew, there we go. As I was saying, today I found the room where Gryffindors who are looking to learn another language can practice. Cool huh?

Friday:
Today I’m feeling active and energetic! So I’m off to visit the Gryffie Gym! Here is a place where you are offered support and encouragement to help you reach your fitness goals! Everybody is so lovely and supportive and even just hearing about other peoples achievements gives me a happy warm fuzzy feeling!

Saturday:
It’s the weekend, and unfortunately I have to run down to Hogsmeade today and so won’t get much time to explore The Seventh Floor. However, I did overhear our lovely Head of House lupingirl directing a Firstie with a finished project she didn’t know what to do with, over to the Question and Answer Room. What a useful place!

Sunday:
Wow! It has certainly been a busy week, and I’ve just time to check in the actual common room and see what’s been happening before I begin next weeks adventures! What with keeping up with my Pride, My Marauder team, the KAL’s and with Quidditch and the common room, there is certainly plenty to keep me entertained on the Seventh Floor before I even venture out into the vast and numerous other hallways, Dens, Pits, Towers and classrooms of the House Cup! With so many things going on, one might wonder how you’re supposed to keep up. But as always there is a gentle hand to guide you in the right direction and keep you on track! So far my term in Gryffindor has been great fun, and I can’t wait to see what the next few months bring! :D

Some Gryffindor Projects love!


CommaSplice's Selbu Modern



JaimeK's Fallberry Mitts for Fall



alyssak's Umbriel

That's all for this week folks, see you soon!

3 comments:

StarKnits said...

Glad you had fun with us gryffies! come back any time!

Haze said...

Lovely summary of what's happening on the Seventh Floor!

lupingirl said...

Go Gryffindor! I can't wait to read about the other Houses!