Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Let's Blast Off to Space!

Welcome to another day-late Magic Movie Tuesday (I swear I'll get better at this). As promised this week I'll be diving into some of my favorite space movies to get you inspired for Astronomy. I looked long and hard for movies specifically about the asteroid belt, but documentaries were as good as I could find, and I prefer the fictional movies for my crafting time.
Let's start with a space cult-classic, that might not be the best for young kids, but is hilarious none the less: Spaceballs! A fun movie that makes fun of just about every science fiction movie made up to that point. It's a great laugh, and maybe you can find some inspiration for that Astronomy project this month!
Continuing with the classic space theme (and because it's most of what is made fun of in Spaceballs) let's not forget about Starwars. I love them all for different reasons, so I'll let you decide which one to watch. If it was me I'd be deciding between Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks.
And one last movie before I head off to work on my Quaffle #2 is my younger brother's all time favorite: Wall-E. While it takes place in space, it doesn't really have much to do with it, but it's cute and if you've got a bunch of kids at home it would make a great family movie night. Plus hopefully the kids are as much in love with Wall-E as me and you'll have nearly 2 hours crafting time while enjoying a cute film!
Happy Crafting Everyone!

No comments: