Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Firstie's OWL

Hello, House Cup! I know it isn't Friday, but I'm going to do my Firsties blog today because my computer was broken last Friday.

Well, it's the last month of the term, and it seems like everybody's busy finishing up their OWLs or trying to earn a St. Mungo's badge. I pretty much had to start my CoMC OWL all over, I've had to frog it so many times (I still don't understand why it's called "frogging..."). I almost considered withdrawing it, which is really rather ironic, because when I first joined the Cup, I just could not understand why so many people were talking about their failed OWLs. I kept thinking, "How do you fail a knitting project? You have a certain amount of time to do it in, and you just do it." Of course, this was way back when I was really naive and had only completed about two knitting projects, ever, but boy, do I understand now! I've discovered that it's actually very easy to get in way over your head with OWLs, like I really seem to have done with my lacey Baby Dragon Scarf and my Dragon Scale Gauntlets (My first in-the-round project--I really hate dpns.). I haven't given up though! StarKnits sent me some really awesome stitch markers with my ravatar and Quidditch robes on them, so I just had to try one more time, and so far, I haven't messed up once, on either project! I did miss the midterm points for my OWL, but I really think I'll be able to finish it. I've already turned in a homework assignment for Transfiguration, and I'm almost done with a couple more, as well as my project for the Headmistress Challenge. I plan to spend this weekend knitting a baby blanket for Project Linus in the International Dateline Challenge against paulinaknits, and I still have to do a homework assignment for HoM because I'm dueling, but other than that, I am focusing on my OWL for the rest of the month.

Speaking of my OWL, I'm going to go work on it now!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It's called frogging because you 'rip it, rip it'.

Nicole said...

Thank you, Kristin! It makes SO much more sense now!