Friday, March 18, 2011

A Friday with a Firstie

Good afternoon, House Cup!

The end of my first year is drawing to a close... It kind of makes me a little sad, which is just silly, because I'll be back in May as a Second Year. Actually, I'm not even technically leaving, because I volunteered to help run the Between Term Activities (something I am super excited about, even though I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing yet). It'll definitely be nice to have a break from classes though; I'm going to use it to do my best to finish up all my WIPs. (This break could not come at a better time either, seeing as April is my last month of RL college and when everything is due!) I'm making it a personal goal not to start any new projects in April. It amazes me somewhat that I had only one WIP when I started the House Cup, and now, at the end of my first year, I have ten! (That's another thing I just couldn't understand when I first started knitting--"Why can't they just finish the projects they're already working on before starting any more?" said muggle me. "Because it's just so much fun to start something new!" argues wizard me.) Of course, I hope to have five of those finished by the end of the month... (Hey, a girl can dream, right?)

I also plan to take advantage of the break by stocking my etsy shop, Pieces of Nicole, so that I can sell in Diagon Alley next term. Yeah, just so all you Diagon Alley sellers know, I pretty much haunt your shops (even though I'm currently too broke to buy anything). I make jewelry and stitch markers and bath salts and stuff, so that's what I plan to sell. I actually made five sets of stitch markers last night (one for each house, and one for House Unity). I'm going to offer discounts and freebies to House Cup students!

So I participated in Gryffindor's Weasley Swap this term, and I just want to give a quick shout-out to Jajigirl, my absolutely fabulous spoiler, and show off my favorite part of the incredible package she sent me:


The scarf, not the little girl. ;) Please excuse the fact that the stunningly beautiful scarf does not match anything else that I'm wearing. It's like 80 degrees outside, but I wanted a picture of me wearing it for this blog. And the strawberry-icing-covered little girl is my sister. :)

No comments: