Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Staff Interview

DaneMum


Today we chat with DaneMum from the Herbology faculty who is opening our eyes to the changes of fall this month.
Q: Tell us a little about yourself outside the House Cup.
A: I'm 30 years old and married to a true muggle, but he's very supportive of my witchcraft. We have a beautiful daughter, she was born in June 2008. When not attending Hogwarts I'm in nursing school and I will graduate in April 2011 when I've handed in my BA thesis.
Q: Why Herbology?
A: I actually signed up for "put me anywhere" but I'm so happy to end up in Herbology as I very much enjoy getting my fingers dirty when experimenting with plants in our windowsill.
Q: Which plant do you love the most?
A: I really appreciate plants that can survive outside on our balcony and stay green all year, as I don't have a greenhouse in my muggle house as I have at Hogwarts.
Q: What is your favorite part of being a professor? What is your least favorite part?
A: My favorite part of this job is seeing all the fantastic FOs students make and it makes me happy when the assignment set-up inspires people to really be creative. The absolute WORST part of being a professor is having to reject a project. I hate that more than anything and wish I could accept everything people hand in.
Q: If you could have one spell, potion or magical object that worked in real life what would it be?
A: With a small child in the house and a window filled with pots of dirt and plants a Scouring Charm would be handy.
Thank you to DaneMum for her insightful answers and tune in next week when we learn a little about the history of Seakame. This is Rockinsticks signing out.

1 comment:

Helga Marie Bee said...

thank you for the interview, its neat to get to meet the staff-