Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday's Staff Interview

Potion Mistress Frick
Today we sit down with our beloved Potions Mistress Frick who is bringing more beauty to our world with this months homework.

Q. Tell us a little about yourself outside the House Cup.

A. Outside the House Cup, I'm a wife of 11 years to the best husband ever, IME. :) I'm also the mother of a 9 year old boy on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum and a perfectly typical 7 year old girl. I am active in my county's extension homemakers, and I volunteer at school.

Mostly, I spin, knit, read and take care of the family.

Q. Why potions?

A. Why not potions? ;) Honestly, I TA'd with Professor Coleva for two terms and felt very comfortable in the Potions class. When the headmistress decided to expand the teaching staff, it seemed like a logical move to apply to co-teach. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! :)

Q. What is the best potion you've ever brewed?

A. The best potion I've ever brewed would have to be the complex, 17 ingredient Potion I brewed for my OWL last term, the Sipalu Bag. I love it, and it always garners compliments.

Q. What is your favorite part of being a professor? What is your least favorite part?

A. My favorite part of being a professor is commenting on all of the projects. As a TA I didn't feel like I had to comment on everything, so I rarely commented. Now I feel like students might wonder if their project was marked if it doesn't get a comment of some sort, so I'm making sure to comment on as many as I can.

My least favorite part has been the rare occasion when a project has to be turned down. Almost anything is acceptable with a properly thought out submission story!

Q. If you could have one potion that would work in real life what would it be?

A. Felix felicis. I would love to be able to take a drop on those days when everything seems to be going wrong so that everything would then turn around and start going right.


This is Rockinsticks signing off. Thank you to Frick for taking time during the simmering of her latest concotion to give us a look into the world of potions education. Tune in next Tuesday to be Charmed by Cattiekins.

No comments: