Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Staff Interview- Oriocookie


Hello, I'm BusyMomKnits, a second year Hufflepuff. I'm on the blogger staff this term. I will be posting HPKCHC staff interviews on Sunday.

My first interview was with Oriocookie.



  • Tell us a little bit about yourself outside of the House Cup. Outside the House Cup, I am a full time working mother. I work for the USPS and have my own route which is about 12 miles of walking a day. I also have a husband who just retired from the Navy Reserves with 22 years and also works for the USPS. We have been married for almost 4 years now. I also have a 2.5 yr old son, who is a typical 2 yr old. He can be the sweetest child on earth and is typically a good boy, but does have his moments. I am also pregnant with boy number 2 (aka babycookie) and I am due in November. As for crafting, I enjoy spinning, crochet, knitting, cross stitch, and a few other odds and ends crafts.
  • What are your duties as Caretaker?As Caretaker, I keep an eye on the goings on of the castle. That includes reading through class threads, common room threads, editing things like the header when needed, I send out the Welcome letters, and try to answer as many questions as possible. I also due the bidding of the Headmistress and Deputy Headmistress when needed.
  • What do you enjoy the most about HPKCHC? I love the creativity that the House Cup brings out of people. The classes are amazing and how people make things fit into those assignments is just great. I love the friendships it creates and the encouragement it produces for the students. It is a home away from home and a place to go when real life is stressful. The House Cup is just awesome!
  • What is you favorite part of being the caretaker? Least favorite part?My favorite part of being Caretaker..hmmm.. I guess being able to see what everyone is doing project wise and being able to be apart of something so great. My least favorite part I guess would be having to deal with some of the behind the scenes drama and problems that happen, which has to happen for the game to run smoothly and doesn’t happen to often, but can be a bit stressful at times.
  • If you could have one thing from Harry Potter in real life what would it be? A wand! I know what my wand would be (as discovered one term in Herbology) and I would love to have it. The aspects of my wand are:10 inch : is for strength, individuality, creativity, a born leader, ambitious, active, innovator, and a winner. Willow: is swishy and nice for charm work, it is known as the tree of enchantment, good for healing and is a willing feminine wand-wood. The swishyness of it makes it easier to learn with but not that powerful. Elder: is not a common wand wood mainly because if it backfires it typically kills the maker/wielder. It is however very powerful and is my wood according to the Celtic tree calender. I believe it was coupled with my willow wand to give my spells a little more power, but since it is only the handle it won’t kill me if it backfires. Veela Hair: very temperamental, but good for outdoorsy magic, divination, and charms. Unicorn hair: Great for Charms and Transfiguration. Also good for healing magic because of the healing properties in the unicorn blood.

No comments: