Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring Term 2010!

Welcome to Hogwarts, students new and old!  Are you all excited for the new term to begin?

I thought I'd start us off with some basics.  You probably know who all the staff are already, but just in case, there's a link up there ^^ at the top of the blog.  There's also a link up there to the current term's OWL descriptions.

Upperclassmen, please remember to give the firsties help if they need it--if you see a firstie standing in a corridor looking confused, that is a signal to help them, not to hex them. I know it's a troublesome distinction, but I'm sure you can handle it.

First-years!  Please don't hesitate to ask questions.  Hopefully soon you'll all be put into a small mentoring group within your House.  Those are great places to start if you need information, but please don't feel like that's the only place you can ask questions.

Classes should be up tomorrow (yaaay)!  All students should remember that you must complete at least one class per month to remain an active participant.  Everything beyond that is completely optional!  Third-years and above who have successfully completed at least one OWL are allowed to propose two OWLs this term.

Once again, we have some amazing stuff lined up for you this term here on the blog.  I'd like to introduce our contributors.  I'm dnatheory, the organizer and editor-in-chief.  Throughout the term, I'll be condensing information here so you can keep up with what's going on in all 4 Houses, not just your own.
Suenosdejmi and LNS will be bringing you all the Quidditch information you could possibly want.
Beyby will be continuing her interviews from last term.  I thought I sent an inspector out there to see what she was up to in that shack, but I haven't heard anything back from him... well, no news is good news, right?
Hale and GirlywithaTwist will be highlighting student projects (don't have time to read every class thread every month? no problem!), among other things.

And finally, if YOU would like to contribute something to the blog, I've got some requests.  We're looking for student artwork (basically ANYTHING non-knitting/crocheting/spinning).  We're looking for someone proposing a CRAZY OWL to blog about its trials and tribulations here.
I would also like to remind you all that Dear Foxy will be continuing this term, and Foxy would love to answer YOUR questions.  You may post them in the comments here, or PM me or Gazebogal directly.

And of course, if you have a different idea, please let us know!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Crazy OWL was last term. I've sworn off crazy OWLs. My friend Soprano1 has instructions to pound me with a very heavy mallet if I propose an OWL that's too crazy. (Don't think she won't, either!)

dnatheory said...

Good for Soprano! Don't run yourself into the ground. :-)