Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Staff Interview

Jjkawano


Today we talk to our lovely potions mistress Jjkawano who has been brewing up some excellent ideas for upcoming classwork.

Q: Tell us a little about yourself outside the House Cup.

A: In the muggle world, I am a mother of 3 boys (5, 2 and 4 months) and a wife to Jumpei. I DJ at the local radio station, Rainbow FM every Thursday from 11am to 1pm. I'm a qualified Justice of the Peace for Queensland, have a degree in Media Studies and review books when I'm in the mood and have time to do so for Technical Communications. I like to challenge myself with trying to learn new crafts like knitting. But I am a crocheter at heart.


William, Jjkawando and Jumpei



Grant and Miles

Q: Why potions?

A: Why not potions??? My keen interest is Professor Snape, and why shouldn't I want to follow in his footsteps (minus the dying bit because that just sucks big time!). Mixing medium is a great way to experiment within the bounds of our respective crafts. Plus, I look hot in my teachers robe.

Q: Oh...um....sorry I got distracted when you said, "Professor Snape", right, what is your favorite part of being a professor? Least favorite part?

A: Favorite part, looking at all the awesome projects completed and their owner's interpretation of what was asked. Least favorite part has to be grading the work of individuals. Each project has meaning for the creator and is awesome.
Q: What is the best potion you've ever brewed?

A: Not sure yet, I'm still a work in progress, but doing the Seraphina's shawl was a challenge and a highlight for me so far. Producing children is a great brew as well. So far I have only perfected the creation of boys, but hopefully in the near future, I will have managed to perfect a formula for a girl or twins.

Q: If you could have one potion, charm, or magical object that worked in real life what would it be?

A: I think the ability to obtain Professor Snape for my own mischievous purposes, or the Felix Felicis or even Mrs. Scower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover cos my house sure could use some of it each day, especially with William in the house and the new baby.
Thank you to Jjkawano for the delightful answers and photos. This reporter suddenly needs to now broom off to the muggle Internet to look for Snape photos. See you next Tuesday.























No comments: