Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Staff Interview - Leesy

Leesy's Prize-winning March of Fibres sweater

1. Tell us a little about yourself outside the cup.
  I’m a wife to a wonderful man who understands my fiber obsessions so long as I don’t bring home any livestock, a mom to 6 kids (several of them with significant special medical or developmental needs), and I’m trained as a medical librarian. I’m not working outside the house right now so I use my magical powers to help other families research their special needs children’s conditions. Aside from spinning, knitting, and weaving, I’ve dabbled over the years in counted cross stitch, needlepoint, embroidery, French hand sewing, smocking, and quilting; pretty much anything that involves any fiber in any way.

2. Why did you choose to be Head of House?
  Hufflepuff head of house is a very special role, because mostly I get to sit around and nibble on whatever treats the house elves bring in. I appoint people to the other in-house positions; I help other staff if there’s a question about a house member’s activities; I drum up enthusiasm and participation; and I try to come up with ideas that will make everyone have as much fun playing in the Cup as is magically possible.

3. What’s the most challenging part of running a House?

  What I enjoy most is all the great people I’ve been privileged to meet here. Second best is how I’ve learned I can do so many knitting techniques I might never have tackled without the prodding of Cup challenges.

4. Favorite and least favorite part of being HoH:

  My favorite part of being Head of House is definitely all the great ‘Puffs; getting to play along with them is the coolest thing ever. I don’t really have a least favorite part of the job except maybe trying to keep up with everything going on (let’s hear it for attention-improving charms).

5. If you could have one (spell, potion, charm whatever) that would work in real life what would it be?
  If I could really have one magical thing? Probably some kind of healing potion for everyones’ ills. Still, that would probably fall under what the Minister of Magic was referring to when he said that if muggles knew about the magical world, they’d want magical solutions to all their problems. I’d settle for a time-turner, though.

No comments: