Friday, June 12, 2009

10 Questions With...

Today in our interview series, we're chatting with my fellow House Cup Reporter (who also happens to double as your favorite Muggle Studies professor), oliveknits!

We'll start with the basics...

Which is your favorite Harry Potter book?
6, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Which is your favorite Harry Potter movie?
I think #4 – they got a much better set for Hogwarts.

Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
Hermione Granger

And to transition the love of
all things HP into the House Cup…

How did you become involved with the House Cup?
I did a random search for Harry Potter-related groups on Ravelry, and stumbled across House Cup. I saw all the crazy fun going on and HAD to join!

What is your favorite part of the House Cup?
The creativity of the projects!

What made you volunteer to teach Muggle Studies?
I’m fascinated by Muggle customs and devices, and thought everyone could use a little help fitting in with Muggles!

What makes a student’s project stand out to you?
Uniqueness, ambition, and creativity.

And a little bit about you…

Do you knit, crochet, spin, or some combination of the three?
I mainly knit. I will crochet sometimes to embellish or fix a knitted item, but I stick to 2 needles.

What is your favorite type of item to craft?
Right now I’m in a lace craze and can’t get fancy scarves and stoles out of my head!

Last, but not least, what’s the story behind your Ravelry ID “Oliveknits”?
Olive is the name of my smarmy kitty. She’s a stubborn tabby with bengal blood, and she has extra toes in front. My husband and I joke that she does all kinds of things with her extra thumbs, like order things on the interwebs, make herself sandwiches, and of course, knit!

No comments: