Saturday, June 6, 2009

10 Questions With...

This week, we're visiting with the overworked and underpaid OWLs professor fricknfrack, who is currently balancing 207 students with OWLs on their course studies programs!

We'll start with the basics...

Which is your favorite Harry Potter book?
HP & the Order of the Phoenix

Which is your favorite Harry Potter movie?
HP & Prisoner of Azkaban

Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
Lupin and Snape and Fred & George equally

And to transition the love of
all things HP into the House Cup...

How did you become involved in the House Cup?
I joined Ravelry at the end of July ‘08, when discussions about the cup started. I was experimenting with searching groups in general and found this one when searching for Harry Potter. It seemed a wonderful way to count down to the then premier of Movie 6, so I joined.

What is your favorite part of the House Cup?
Reading each month’s class assignments. The creativity of the teachers astounds me and makes me stretch my own creative muscles.

What made you volunteer to teach OWLs?
I volunteered to teach the OWLs for a couple of reasons. First, I was frustrated that larger, more time consuming projects were getting the same points as 2-hr projects. Second, I always seemed to dream up large, convoluted projects that couldn’t be finished in a month. So, when the OWL discussion began, my brain immediately started working out what I would do for each class and the exam list was born.

What makes a student's project stand out to you?
Two things make a project stand out: quality workmanship and creativity/originality.

And a little bit about you...

Do you knit, crochet, spin, or some combination of the three?
Mostly knit, some crochet, a lot of quilting.

What is your favorite type of item to craft?
Something with a back story of its own to remember in the future.

Last, but not least, what's the story behind your Ravelry ID "fricknfrack"?
Frick is the white cat with some black markings; her sister, Frack, is the black cat with some white markings. So, Fricknfrack seemed a reasonably anonymous internet name that I could remember.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great interview with one of my favorite professors.